For Children 5 and Up
Locust Lane Riding Center summer camp programs are not just about riding horses. In addition to daily riding lessons, students learn life skills that contribute to successful others-oriented living.
Our programs enhance self-esteem and leadership skills. We focus on cultivating resilience and building confidence through activities that create connected relationships with horses and humans.
Through our partnerships with the Believe & Achieve Summer Enrichment Program and The Point Summer Programs, we offer youth from the Coatesville area opportunities to make the most of their summer days.
Our campers play and explore throughout our beautiful green-space, hike through the woods, splash in the pond, swim in the pool, play games, get crafty, and discover how to care for our farm animals, horses, and each other.
We are open for camp from June 21st through August 20th!
Please see below for more information and COVID-19 Guidelines.
June 14 - June 18
Leadership & Volunteer Training Week
volunteer training for those serving at summer camp
Join us for a fun week of experiential learning to develop horsemanship skills and add to your toolbox as you prepare for future opportunities to serve at LLRC.
- For ages 13 and up
- No experience needed
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- No Cost
All camp volunteers, teens through adults, are required to attend at least three days of training to serve during summer camp.
All camp spots have been reserved for 2021. You may fill out a Wait List Request. We will contact you if a space becomes available. Thank you for your interest!
SESSION 1 (FULL)
June 21 - June 25
SESSION 2 (FULL)
June 28 - July 2
SESSION 3 (FULL)
July 5 - July 9
SESSION 4 (FULL)
July 12 - July 16
SESSION 5 (FULL)
July 19 - July 23
SESSION 6 (FULL)
July 26 - July 30
SESSION 7 (FULL)
August 2 - August 6
SESSION 8 (FULL)
August 9 - August 13
SESSION 9 (FULL)
August 16 - August 20
- Ages 5 and up
- Beginner through Intermediate Riders
- No prior experience needed.
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Cost $325 per week
9:00 am Welcome/Circle time
9:30 am Horse Care Basics
10:30 am EAL activity/Groundwork
12:00 pm Lunch
12:30 pm Groom/Tack-up
1:00 pm Riding horses, games, crafts, swimming, kayaks
3:00 pm Dismiss
Early drop-off and late pick-up available for $20/day.
Scholarships are available for Horsemanship Camp throughout the summer.
- Camp sessions are limited to 8-10 students, 3 adult staff, and 5 teen counselors, and 5 junior counselors daily.
- All staff, volunteers, campers, will sign in and record temperature daily. Anyone with a temp over 99 will not be permitted to stay.
- All adults are required to wear cloth masks.
- Teens counselors are required to wear masks when indoors or in close proximity to others.
- Multiple sanitation stations are in place for frequent hand washing.
- Campers will be kept in small groups for various activities.
- Activities will be predominantly outdoors, and proper distancing will be practiced.
Handling, riding and caring for a horse or pony develops responsibility, accountability, patience, level-headedness, empathy, kindness, and self-discipline.
The perseverance needed to ride a horse well can translate into improved performance in the classroom.
Riding is great exercise. Apart from its aerobic benefits, riding also helps children develop balance, coordination and flexibility. In addition, activities involved in caring for a horse—grooming, hauling buckets, saddles, and cleaning stalls makes for a great upper body workout.
- Share God’s love through horses
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Provide foundational knowledge and skills necessary for good horsemanship
- Provide campers the opportunity to increase acquired skills through practice – working toward independence
- Promote better physical fitness as well as overall balance and coordination
- Encourage campers to take on responsibility and experience the benefits of a relationship with a horse
- Basic care & feeding of the horse
- Tack & tacking up
- Learning to communicate with the horse (verbal and non-verbal)
- Numerous riding skills to be practiced during daily ride time
- Demonstrations provided by equine professionals