For Children 5 and Up
Locust Lane Riding Center summer camp programs are not just about riding horses. In addition to daily riding lessons, students learn life skills that contribute to successful others-oriented living.
Our programs enhance self-esteem and leadership skills. We focus on cultivating resilience and building confidence through activities that create connected relationships with horses and humans.
Through our partnerships with the Believe & Achieve Summer Enrichment Program and The Point Summer Programs, we offer youth from the Coatesville area opportunities to make the most of their summer days.
Our campers play and explore throughout our beautiful green-space, hike through the woods, splash in the pond, swim in the pool, play games, get crafty, and discover how to care for our farm animals, horses, and each other.
We're excited for the return of our horsemanship camp along with our partnership with Believe & Achieve Foundation for Summer Enrichment as well as Parkesburg Point.
June 15 - June 19
Leadership & Volunteer Training Week
volunteer training for summer camp serving
Join us for a fun week of experiential learning to develop horsemanship skills and add to your toolbox as you prepare for future opportunities to serve at LLRC.
- For ages 13 and up
- No experience needed
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- No Cost
All camp volunteers, teens through adults, are required to attend at least three days of training to serve during summer camp.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
Registration for camp is no longer available due to maximum capacity.
To be added to the waitlist, please text or call Shelly at 484.883.1844
June 22 - June 26
June 29 - July 3
July 6 - July 10
July 13 - July 17
SESSION 5 - FILLED
July 20 - July 24
SESSION 6 - FILLED
July 27 - July 31
August 3 - August 7
August 10 - August 14
August 17 - August 21
- Ages 5 and up
- Beginner through Intermediate Riders
- No prior experience needed.
- 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Cost $325 per week
9:00 am Welcome/Circle time
9:30 am Horse Care Basics
10:30 am EAL activity/Groundwork
12:00 pm Lunch
12:30 pm Groom/Tack-up
1:00 pm Riding horses, games, crafts, swimming, kayaks
3:00 pm Dismiss
Early drop-off and late pick-up available for $20/day.
Scholarships are available for Horsemanship Camp throughout the summer.
- Camp sessions are limited to 8-10 students, 3 adult staff, and 5 teen counselors, and 5 junior counselors daily.
- All staff, volunteers, campers, will sign in and record temperature daily. Anyone with a temp over 99 will not be permitted to stay.
- All adults are required to wear cloth masks.
- Teens counselors are required to wear masks when indoors or in close proximity to others.
- Multiple sanitation stations are in place for frequent hand washing.
- Campers will be kept in small groups for various activities.
- Activities will be predominantly outdoors, and proper distancing will be practiced.
Handling, riding and caring for a horse or pony develops responsibility, accountability, patience, level-headedness, empathy, kindness, and self-discipline.
The perseverance needed to ride a horse well can translate into improved performance in the classroom.
Riding is great exercise. Apart from its aerobic benefits, riding also helps children develop balance, coordination and flexibility. In addition, activities involved in caring for a horse—grooming, hauling buckets, saddles, and cleaning stalls makes for a great upper body workout.
- Share God’s love through horses
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Provide foundational knowledge and skills necessary for good horsemanship
- Provide campers the opportunity to increase acquired skills through practice – working toward independence
- Promote better physical fitness as well as overall balance and coordination
- Encourage campers to take on responsibility and experience the benefits of a relationship with a horse
- Basic care & feeding of the horse
- Tack & tacking up
- Learning to communicate with the horse (verbal and non-verbal)
- Numerous riding skills to be practiced during daily ride time
- Demonstrations provided by equine professionals